- 1-3 garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (15-ounce) garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, minced
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon peel, minced
In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, olive oil, sesame seeds, tahini, lemon juice, and garbanzo beans (reserve about a tablespoon of beans for garnish). Blend, adding reserved garbanzo-bean liquid if needed until hummus reaches desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
You can add spinach & garlic, roasted red peppers or artichoke hearts.
Of course you could have hummus with the traditional, pita or pita chips, but as an alternative you have carrot & celery sticks, or my favorite cucumber slices.